Every summer when we would take the family trip to visit my grandparents, my grandmother would give me and my brother the same gift, a roll of lifesavers and a Lego set. Every year it was the same set: a tower on an island, a lone palm tree, a naval soldier, and a pirate in a boat. I don’t know why it was the same one every year. Maybe we lost them. Or broke them in a fight. Or she always forgot which one she’d bought the year before. Or it was all a dream. Either way, I devoured the candy in one handful and spent the rest of the day engrossed in those bricks. I was hooked on making things.
- Bachelor of Arts in Historic Preservation (Salve Regina University)
- Masters of Architecture (University of Michigan)
- Bike and Build: Maine to Santa Barbara Route 2012 (bikeandbuild.org)
- Assistant for Jeff Soderbergh: Custom Sustainable Furnishings (jeffsoderbergh.com)
- Rosewood Studio: Instruction in Fine Woodworking (rosewoodstudio.com)
- Canadian School of Lutherie (canadianschooloflutherie.com)